Join the team today!
Northgate Ireland has been supplying and managing vehicles for businesses across Ireland for almost 20 years. We continue to grow and dominate the light commercial vehicle market with depots in Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway
Our growing network of branches in Ireland and our sizeable fleet means we can get vehicles to customers quicker than any other light commercial vehicle supplier and we keep those vehicles on the road longer by minimising downtime. Our vehicle fleet is made up of light commercial vehicles (LCVs) from leading manufacturers including Mercedes Benz, Ford, Opel, Renault, Volkswagen and Peugeot.
We are growing our team and have a permanent full-time vacancy within our Rental Desk and Customer Service team in our Dublin branch.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has similar experience in a previous role.
To ensure all daily rental operational processes are carried out effectively and rental best practices are adopted. Health & Safety of the site (visitors, suppliers and employees) is paramount, and a strong Health & Safety culture is maintained. Ability to conduct trading activity with both business to business and retail clients. To help support a healthy working environment to deliver excellent customer service. Awareness and ability to influence local KPI’s and target.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure all visitors and customers adhere to the Northgate Health and Safety process, maintaining a healthy working environment.
- Deal with Northgate Key Accounts and provide an excellent standard of customer service.
- Ensure all calls are answered in a professional/courteous manner in accordance with the Northgate standards and email inboxes are cleared daily.
- Successfully convert all inbound customer enquiries into reservations while maximising the sundry rental revenue opportunities.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork is raised for on and off hires in a timely and accurate manner, escalate operational issues where appropriate.
- Ensure maximum utilisation of the company asset is achieved through fleet management and customer communication.
- Ensure all vehicles available for hire achieve the minimum Northgate Rentable Standard by carrying out regular quality checks.
- Ensure all vehicles hired on customers own insurance are fully covered, responsible for the renewal of any policy due to expire and the updating of the CAP system. Ensuring the company’s assets are always protected.
- Assisting in controlling the delivery/collection/vehicle movements with the locations geographical area maximising driver efficiencies and reducing cost.
- Highlight any business-to-business users to the commercial team for further development.
- Work in accordance with the workshop administrators to ensure all VOR vehicles are entered on the VOR manager and the customers’ expectations are met.
- Vehicles returned or collected with additional damage complete the Northgate damage process; highlight any issues where necessary to your immediate manager.
- Support and assist the Rental desk to achieve the locations local KPI’s and targets.
- Assist with the security of all vehicles and the site.
- Resolution of invoice queries in a timely manner to meet customers’ expectations.
- General Housekeeping and filing.
Person Specification - Education Qualifications and Training
- Leaving Certificate including Maths and English.
- Full clean Driving Licence.
- Experience working in a customer service, call centre, administrative environment.
- Previous vehicle rental experience
- Previous vehicle rental experience
- Health & Safety experience
Relevant skills/ experience
- Strong work ethic with the ability to perform in a pressurised environment.
- I.T Literate.
- Team player and builder with ability to adapt to change.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office products.
- Self-motivating and commercially driven.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service.
- Enthusiastic personality with a can-do attitude.
- Commercial experience in the motor industry.
What we can offer you:
We offer a competitive remuneration package in addition to a basic salary €28,000 along with:
23 days holidays + day for your birthday
Company pension plan
Group rate corporate health care
Employee Assistance Program
Company share scheme
Free car parking
Company/privilege days off