Customer Service Advisor
Join the team today!
Customer Service Advisor
Northgate Ireland has been supplying and managing vehicles for businesses across Ireland for almost 20 years. We continue to grow and dominate the light commercial vehicle market with our growing network of branches in Ireland and our sizeable fleet of approximately 4,500 vans and depots in Dublin, Cork and Limerick.
We are now recruiting for a Customer Service Advisor to join our growing team in our Dublin head office.
In this role, you will be a key member of our service team, involved in the day to day running of our workshop/service centre. You'll be one of the direct contacts between our customers, technicians and administration team so it's important that you have great people skills.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Deal with all customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensuring all work carried out is in line with manufacture's servicing requirements, or customer expectations in relation to service level agreements. Vehicles overdue service are kept to a minimum. Only required work is carried out and any preventative maintenance spend is authorised and necessary. Planning and managing the work load to exceed customers’ expectations while prioritising to ensure vehicles are available to rent.
- Issue of work to mechanics or external garages, raising, updating and closing of job cards in a timely manner with notes and explanations added to ensure full understanding for the expenditure.
- Cost control. Ensure when parts are ordered that the best purchasing practice is used at all times, and all recharge opportunities are realised at the point of purchase and coded accordingly, following all customer SLA and best practice.
- Warranty claims are identified and managed in the correct manner, reporting all issues to the Workshop Manager or person responsible for the warranty processes.
- Logging mileages and accurately recording on all job cards.
- Ensuring logs are updated correctly and timely with responses to our Key accounts
- Dealing with minor damage claims according to the damage control process and following the correct process for major damage claims.
- Obtaining order numbers from customers, ensuring no chargeable work is carried out without prior authorisation for internal, external and retail customers
- Raising sales invoices in a timely manner.
- Updating all customers on progress (internal and external customers) of recalls.
- Ensure all vehicles are checked through the correct process to ensure all recalls are carried out before vehicles are returned to customers, this is either in our own workshop or sister company workshops.
- Sign off and approval of purchase ledger invoices including the FTL one bill and centralised billing from head office, making sure all recharge opportunities are realised and completed.
- Dealing with minor workshop damage repairs, following customers’ service level agreements.
- General Housekeeping
- Leaving Certificates or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- A friendly and approachable personality
- A professional presentation
- The ability to work in a team environment
- PC Literate (Microsoft Office Package)
- Deliver a first class customer experience
- Attention to detail and proactive thinking
- Flexible can-do attitude
- Vehicle maintenance and repair qualifications.
- Specific experience within the Bodyshop sector
Permanent Full-time hours
Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 (free parking available)
What other benefits can Northgate offer
- Competitive Salary
- 23 days holidays - plus a bonus day for your birthday
- Great location with plenty of parking
- Pension Plan & Life Assurance
- Group Discounted Healthcare
- Employee Discounts
- Bike to Work Scheme / Tax Saver Commuter Tickets
- Privilege Days Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Education/Training Assistance
To apply today, please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org